Grouping data by customer

Hey,

Our client in the food retail industry gets targeted requests from large department stores as to what the scope 3 impact is of the products sold specifically to them. We have now calculated the company footprint, but we also need to be able to differentiate scope 3 emissions per customer.

Is it true that for now this is not yet possible directly in the Carbon Alt Delete software? We are thinking of using the organizational unit field to specify the customer in scope 3, since the company itself consists of only 1 unit.

What approach do you guys recommend?

Thank you!
Esmée

1 Like

Hi Esmée

I have looked at this for a client and was looking to use 2 sets of custom fields, one for key material suppliers and customers. My client was looking at their material supply chain too in the same way your clients customers are which is why we looked to include material suppliers. However, you could use a single custom field for your clients customers (start with the key customers and expand), then we were going to use this custom field/s to identify material, process energy, downstream transport, etc… to a given customer.

This custom field is then an option in the dashboard to filter your impact to enable reporting to customers.

Kind regards,

Adam

2 Likes

Hi,
i have. similar situation where the supply chain is 700 deep. We were looking to full 1-3 for tier 1 and 2 suppliers and have them as separate accounts on the platform and then for smaller suppliers who can’t/wont pay for platform either set them up as sites of the main client or restrict to scope1-2 on Visible Energy platform and feed that in to main client Scope 3
i probably need to think this through more :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Working with a custum field to link the top x clients is a manageable method. Thank you Adam!

1 Like